Spiders in Orlando can be a nightmare to deal with, especially if you start to see spiders everywhere around your property. Pest control in Orlando can help you identify the different kinds of spiders around your property and assist you in removing infestations of this eight-legged pest.
Types Of Spiders In Orlando
There are several types of spiders in Orlando that you should be looking out for when you are on your property or out and about in nature. While most of these types of spiders are harmless, there are two different kinds of spiders in the area that are considered medically dangerous and that you should be cautious to avoid.
- Jumping Spiders
- American House Spiders
- Cellar Spiders
- Orb Weavers
- Wolf Spiders
- Sac Spiders
- Brown Recluse Spiders (medically dangerous)
- Black Widow Spiders (medically dangerous)
Are Spiders Dangerous Enough To Kill People
While most common household spiders aren’t considered necessarily deadly even if you receive a bite from them, some spiders in the area are dangerous enough to kill people. Both brown recluse and black widow spiders live in Orlando and have a bite that is considered medically dangerous. The black widow bite affects its victim’s nervous system, while a brown recluse bite will cause the death of the tissues spreading out from the bitten area.
It is important to note that fatal consequences of these two spiders’ bites are on the rare side but more likely to occur if the bite victim is young, elderly, or has a pre-existing allergic or medical condition. As long as you seek immediate medical attention after being bitten by a brown recluse or a black widow spider, negative symptoms should be kept at a minimum.
Five Natural Spider Prevention Tips
- Seal up spider entry points around your home to ensure this pest stays outside. Put into place window and door screens, door sweeps, and weather stripping in addition to keeping exterior entrances closed at all times.
- Ensure leftover food is stored correctly and that trash is taken out regularly. Leaving out waste and food attract pests which spiders move into your home to prey on.
- Address active pest prey infestations of insects like ants and cockroaches, as spiders will chase them inside to feed on. Our experts at Green Flag Services can help you with this.
- Address moisture issues around your property and ensure proper ventilation in your home to stop excess moisture from attracting spiders looking for an easy water source.
- Keep your yard clear of debris, store woodpiles far away from your home, and make sure grass stays trimmed low to ensure your yard is less hospitable for spiders.
The Best Way To Keep Spiders Away
If you’ve tried to get rid of spiders naturally and find that you still have an active infestation of this pest, your next step should be to contact Green Flag Services. Our specialists at Green Flag Services can identify any of the different kinds of spiders that you may be dealing with and will be able to create customized treatment solutions that eliminate even the most widespread infestations of this pest.
So, if you see spiders everywhere and you want the common household spiders or more dangerous arachnids held at bay, contact Green Flag Services today.