Battling pesky wasps in Orlando can be challenging, given the aggressive nature of this pest and the difficulties surrounding wasp removal. Fortunately, Orlando pest control can help you understand how to get rid of wasps and put into place proper wasp prevention.
What Do Wasps Look Like?
You need to watch out for several different types of wasps in the Orlando area. Any of these types of wasps may present dangers to you or your property. Proper wasp identification is vital in ensuring all of these types of wasps stay far away from you.
- Yellow Jackets: They are very recognizable with black and yellow markings on their abdomen, and they are smaller than other types of wasps.
- Paper Wasps: They have jet black or brown bodies, orange wings, and narrow yellow bands on their bodies.
- Cicada Killers: Yellow and brown in coloration, these wasps are reasonably large but primarily harmless to humans. The males don’t have stingers, and the females are unlikely to sting.
- Mud Daubers: They have black bodies with pale markings, a blue luster, and a skinny waist with clear or dark wings.
How Dangerous Are Wasps?
The different types of wasps you may encounter in Orlando can present dangers to you or those that live on your property. Wasps are known for being highly aggressive and territorial. If they determine that you threaten their nest, they won’t waste any time attacking and delivering several stings. And, because wasps can sting repeatedly, this can result in the potential for allergic reactions, even among those who are not previously allergic to insect stings.
If you want to avoid the risk of being stung by wasps or accidentally stumbling on a wasp nest around your yard, wasp removal provided by the professionals at Green Flag Services is the best thing to help you out.
Natural Wasp Prevention Tips
You can follow the tips below to ensure that this pest stays far away from your property regarding wasp prevention:
- Keep your yard clear of debris, cut back overhanging foliage, and fill in any holes in your yard to reduce potential wasp nesting areas. Also, keep the grass trimmed low so you can easily detect wasps.
- Remove outdoor pet food and refrain from leaving food and drink outdoors, especially sugar-filled items such as juices and soft drinks as wasps are attracted to these. Make sure to clean up food and drink spills immediately and cover outdoor compost piles.
- To keep wasps away, you may want to plant mint, lemongrass, and citronella around your property – the scent of these plants deters wasps.
- Fix up leaks around your property to prevent pools of excess moisture from forming. This moisture is a significant attractor for wasps and other pests.
The Safest Form Of Wasp Control
The best way to get rid of wasps in Orlando is to trust the experts at Green Flag Services. It can be hazardous and difficult to remove a wasp nest or other infestation by yourself; allowing the professionals to help you is safer and more effective. Green Flag Services will provide your property with a thorough inspection that identifies any wasp problem and work with you to create targeted solutions that ensure wasps never return.
Reach out to Green Flag Services today if you want to know how to get rid of wasps for good and always protect yourself from this stinging pest.